Beautiful, narrow lowland island in northwest part of Zadar’s islands covered by pines wood. Silba is separated from another island with channels Olib and Silba. It is famous with mild clima, healthy sea air and clear sea. On the coast are bays and sandy beaches. Island is settled from Romans epoch.Silba was owned by Zadar monastery, island become to be part of Venetian an in year 1852 bought the island residents.
Silba – is only one village at island and was developed in the narrow part of island in 16th century. Silba has pebbles beaches. In the surrounding are woods and the wild sheep. Silba was the town of mariners and owners of sailboats. In the village are some interesting building as a church of St. Marko, from year 1637, church of Our Virgin of Carmel from year 1660 and watch tower Toreta from year 1872.